Our team's Plastic Free commitments
Date Posted:31 July 2020
This Plastic Free July we've been sharing tips from some of our favourite inspiring women setting the pace for living an environmentally responsible lifestyle. Now we're sharing what we as a team are committed to, to reduce our footprint and live more sustainably.
1. I shop as much as I can in bulk and store in glass jars.
2. I have a vegetable garden at home and also compost.
3. Going forward as a business, we will continue to find new ways to be plastic free and carbon neutral because it's the right, and only course of direction for me as a business owner.
Tae, Marketing Manager
1. I use my mesh produce bags while doing grocery shopping so I don't need to use the single use plastic ones.
2. I have the Seed & Sprout Un-Baking paper and Reusable Stretch lids to eliminate the need for Baking Paper & Cling Wrap.
3. Going forward, I'm going to make my own natural cleaning products to store in glass bottles so I don't need to buy ones in plastic anymore.
Charlie, Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator
1. Each week I complete my grocery shop at the local farmers market and bring my own reusable bags to purchase & store my produce in.
2. I carry my Frank Green water bottle with me everywhere & also refill a large dispenser of filtered water each week to prevent buying bottled water.
3. Going forward, I am going to start making my own almond milk so I can reduce the amount I buy at the store.
Hannah, Customer Service Manager
1. I invested in a steel safety razor and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner! It is so much better than a disposable and even the blades can be recycled.
2. I purchase all of my household cleaning supplies from an eco friendly store that has re fill options, so I can keep using the same glass containers rather than buying in plastic.
3. Going forward, I am going to make a conscious effort to shop more often at the local markets and bulk food stores to avoid the plastic that can come with grocery shopping.
Cait, Warehouse & Dispatch Assistant
1. I carry my own ceramic reusable cup with me all the time as I drink a lot of takeaway coffee!
2. I make sure to always have my reusable shopping bags (or my linen carry all bag) in my car so that I am never without a more sustainable option when shopping.
3. Going forward, I am going to slowly move to plastic free care products to help lower my use of plastic at home and in my daily care routine.